Because many visitors to the Website are children, we make efforts to ensure that children access only the content that is appropriate for them. We do not ask children to disclose more personal information than is necessary for them to participate in a particular activity.
By using or our Website, you expressly consent to our use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy. As we continue to offer our visitors new and different types of content and services, we may modify our practices from time to time. Please check back frequently to ensure that you are familiar with our current policies and practices.
Information We Collect (General)
Our Company does not collect personal information on our Website unless you voluntarily provide it to us. We do not collect personal information from children under 13 without parental consent. You might provide us with personal information for a number of reasons, including:
- Sending us an email regarding any questions or comments you may have.
- Registering to receive news updates regarding You CAN Do the Rubik's Cube or information about our products and services.
- Registering for You CAN Do the Rubik's Cube events or programs.
- Receiving incentive program gifts.
Depending upon the services being accessed or activities in which you participate on the Website, you might voluntarily provide us with additional information such as your full name, e-mail address, physical or mailing address, phone number, age, school, group affiliations, credit card information and other information required to provide a service, deliver a product, or carry out a transaction you have requested. If an order is being shipped to a third party, we may also need the recipient's name and mailing address. We might solicit additional voluntary information through surveys, polls and the like. In compliance with applicable law, we will never condition a child's participation in an activity on the child's disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity. We may retain personal information provided to us indefinitely, or until such time that that you contact us to delete the collected information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use personal information collected only in the way we specified when it was collected. As examples, we may use your information in the following ways:
- To open and manage your member account.
- To enable us to process, validate and verify your registration as a member.
- To respond to your customer service inquiries.
- To understand more about you, so we can customize the information about our services, products and offers on our Website to your preferences.
- To enhance existing features or develop new features, products and services.
- To conduct voluntary member surveys or focus groups in order to provide better services and products to our members and other customers.
- To enable members to participate in instant message chatting, sending e-mails, posting on message boards, blogs and other similar activities.
- To enter our online contests or incentive programs, subscribe to an e-letter, and receive notification of special offers, events and promotional materials.
- To enable the public to view and manipulate competition results.
- To promote events, use at educational workshops and conferences, and in classrooms activities.
- To communicate with you about products and/or services and other requested information.
In addition, we may share personal information with third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to: protect the security and integrity of our Website; to take precautions against liability; to respond to judicial process; or to the extent permitted under provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety. Aside from the purposes described above, we do not share or sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes unless we have your permission. Moreover, at this time we are not aware of any third parties conducting online tracking or collecting personal information on our website.
How We Use Your Personal Information (Additional provisions applicable to a Child under 13)
We are committed to providing a safe and educational web experience for all children. Though we remind all children using the Website to obtain parental consent to go online, we urge parents to monitor their child's online activities.
We do not collect personal information of children under 13 except if required to participate in our incentive programs, competitions and other sweepstakes, and in certain interactive features such as instant message chatting, sending e-mails, posting on message boards, blogs and other similar activities.
When a child under age thirteen participates in an activity that requires the collection, retention, and use of personal information, we will ask for a parent's e-mail address so that we can (i) notify the parent that we have received personal information from his or her child, (ii) seek the parent's consent to use it, and (iii) give the parent the option to remove his or her child's e-mail address from the applicable database for that activity. Before allowing a child to participate in these activities, we send an e-mail to the child's parent requesting the parent's affirmative consent to the child's participation. If the parent responds by e-mail and gives such consent, we then allow the child to participate in the activity. If parental consent is refused, we delete the child's information from our database. Once parental consent is received, the child will be able to participate in like activities in the future without any further notification to the parent. If a child wins an incentive or sweepstakes prize, we will notify the parent's email address provided to us and request that the parent provide his or her mailing address for purposes of delivering the prize.
Access, Change or Delete Personal Information
You can access and update the contact information provided to us during registration, or modify your opt-out choices, by going to the member account online page. At any time parents can review the personal information we have collected from their child, can refuse to permit us to collect further personal information, and can request that any personal information that we have collected be deleted from our records. A parent can contact our site operator to access, change, or delete the personal information that we have collected from his or her child by contacting us in one of the following ways:
Address: You CAN Do the Rubik's Cube! 10 Liberty Street, Danvers MA 01923
Please include the child's member name and the parent's contact information including email address in the communication so that we can better assist you with your inquiry or request.
Collection of Non-Personal Information
When you visit or use our Website, we may also collect non-personal information through cookies, server log files and "pixel tags." This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of our Website.
- Server Log Files. Your computer is automatically assigned an Internet Protocol (IP) address by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), which serves as an identifying number. Whenever you visit our Website, your IP number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files, along with the time of your visit and the pages within our site that you visited. The purpose of tracking your IP address, and any other visitor's IP address it to calculate the usage levels of our Website, help diagnose problems with our Website's servers, and to administer the site.
- Pixel Tags. Our Website may use so-called "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar means (collectively, "pixel tags") to compile anonymous aggregate statistics about site usage and response rates. These pixel tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of our Website, to deliver services, and to help determine the effectiveness of our promotional and marketing or advertising campaigns. We may use pixel tags on our Website from time to time for this and other purposes.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
Our website does not track its users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Links to Other Web sites
Security of Your Personal Information
The security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. While we strive to protect our personal information, we cannot ensure the security of your information.